In order to set up your new e-mail account on Outlook 2010, follow these instructions:
If you are having any problems, contact us via e-mail.
- Open Outlook 2010
- Click on “File” -> “Add Account”
- Select “Manually configure server settings or additional server types”
- Fill in your account information – take into consideration the following:
- “Your Name” – this is the name you want to call the e-mail. This could be your name (Joe Bloggs), the business’ name (Gwe Cambrian Web), or the email account name (Support Email).
- E-mail Address – ensure to fill in the whole email address (e.g. email@example.com)
- Account Type – This should be set to POP3.
- Both “Incoming Mail Server” and “Outgoing Mail Server” should be set to “mail.”, plus your domain name (e.g. mail.yourdomain.co.uk)
- Your username and password have been supplied to you. The username is the FULL email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, NOT just the email name (youremail).
- Ensure “Remember Password” is ticked ON.
- Click “More Settings…”
- On the “Outgoing Server” tab, ensure “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” is ticked on, and select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”
- Click OK to close the “Outgoing Server”.
- Click Next to test the account and set it up.
- You should now be able to receive e-mails!