Sometimes it’s hard to convince clients that social media is the way to go, or at least incredibly important when it comes to marketing your business online. What better way than with some fantastic statistics across the popular platforms in 2019. It might make you think twice about whether or not you can afford the investment for social media management or training.
With thanks to shareable for a great article!
- Facebook has the largest user base globally, including in the UK – 50% of the UK’s population actively use Facebook, with 45% of those multiple times a day
- More women than men use Facebook in the UK (84% vs 73%)
- In the first 6 months of the year, Facebook saw an increase of 15% global users, keeping the platform right at the top of social media platforms across the globe
- 70% of people worldwide watch a video ad the whole way through before reaching the video they want to see (that’s huge!)
- 60% of 52-71 year olds are active Facebook users, very important if this is your target audience
- 74% of Facebook users log in every single day – important if you want to run a business on the platform, consider that these users want to see new content every time they launch the app
- 90 million small businesses use Facebook across the globe, but only 25% of these use the paid media, so it’s not necessary for success
- In 2019, Insta hit 1 billion users worldwide
- 81% of 18-34 year olds actively use Instagram – just like the stat above, super important if this is your target audience
- Posts with location tags get 79% more engagement – are you using the platform right?
- Instragram drives engagement 84x more than any other platform. 84x more than Twitter, 54x more than Pinterest and 10x more than Facebook
- 80% of users on Insta follow business accounts… huge potential market available for you there
- 12.5 million users of Twitter are from the UK
- 77% of Twitter users feel more positive about a brand if they get a reply to a tweet, and it doersn’t have to be a complaint either – it’s all about that personal customer service
- 82% of monthly Twitter users access the site by mobile, so think about the images and content you’re going to Tweet – is it mobile friendly?
- 77% of Snapchat users in the UK are under the age of 25. Well, we’ll just leave that there.
- On average, Snapchat users spend 34.5 minutes on the platform per day, and an average of 34 messages to friends
- Snapchat is ranked as the second most used mobile messaging app – beaten only by Facebook Messenger.